In 2022 Wybunbury Delves CE Primary School is marking its bicentennial year and we would like you all to join in with the celebration!
In 1822 the Delves Charity School for boys was built, it consisted of one room. It cost £500 to build and it was paid for by Sir John Broughton who also gifted the land on which our school stands (Smithy Field). The Delves charity was even earlier origins as Sir Thomas Delves left directions in his will to ensure the poor of Wybunbury received an education. This charity is now known as The Delves Trust. The original building now houses our school hall.
In 1828 a school house was built. It was finished in 1830, today this is our school kitchen.
In 1964, the school underwent renovation and reopened in September 1964 as Wybunbury Delves Church of England Aided School. Wybunbury Girls School closed its doors then (now Wybunbury Village Hall) and both boys and girls were educated at the new school.
School continued to grow in size and build from this point. New classrooms were added over time, the grounds expanded and areas developed.
In 2017, the school converted to an academy with Chester Diocesan Academies Trust (CDAT) and it became known as Wybunbury Delves CE Primary School.
So 200 years on from it first opening, our school continues to serve the Parish of Wybunbury and our local area, with our supportive community we are proud to mark this incredible achievement!