Welcome to Year 1 2023-2024
Year 1 is taught by Mr Dale and supported by Miss Holland, Mrs Cross and Mrs Cliffe.
Your child will also see other staff from across school from time to time.
We have an exciting year of learning planned and we are looking forward to working together. You can find out more below.
Our Learning Plan of Action for Year 1
Supporting your child's learning at home is very important and is something that we encourage in Y1. Your children's homework will be:
- Encouraging your child to read their phonics book three times
- Completing wider reading by reading or listening to their challenge book
- A weekly maths activity that will be sent out via an email on Friday
- Optional Bingo homework.
Online Support for Learning
Please click on the links.
- Maths fluency- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- Maths fluency app – https://whiteroseeducation.com/1-minute-maths
- Maths workbooks- https://whiteroseeducation.com/parent-pupil-resources/maths/free-downloads
- Oxford Owl E books- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page
- SPAG.com- https://www.spagtastic.com/