Regular communication and consultation with parents is very important at Wybunbury Delves.
The Parent Forum was introduced in spring 2014 to facilitate two-way communication between parents, staff and governors.
What is a Parent Forum?
The Forum provides feedback on provision, offering a parents' perspective on current policy and practice, and inputting into decision making and future planning.
Who takes part in a Parent Forum?
The Parent Forum is made up of a Representative from each Year Group.
It is chaired by governors and attended by the Head (Mrs Casserley) and/or deputy head (Mrs Chesters) / subject leader (dependent on subject matter).
Other members of the governing body join the Forum as appropriate.
What is discussed?
A Typical Agenda includes:
- Items identified by the Head/Senior Leadership team for discussion (such as free school meals, sports provision etc)
- Items identified by Parents for discussion (such as school trips, collection arrangements, transition to secondary school etc)
How can I be involved?
The opportunity to join the Parent Forum is open to all parents/carers. Each class has a Parent Representative who will consult with the parents from the Year they represent. The feedback is shared in the meeting, and the Forum collectively draws conclusions and recommends actions to the Head and governing body.
Parent Representatives for 2016:
- Preschool: Kathryn Messina
- Reception: Emily Bateman
- Year 1: Bek Yeomans
- Year 2: Sarah Bielby
- Year 3: Becks Eaves
- Year 4: Lucy Jenkins
- Year 5: Jo Bryan
- Year 6: Kel Jones
-Staff: Mrs Casserley / Mrs ChestersChairs: Lisa Taylor (foundation governor) Rachel Brodin Claire Greaves (parent governors)
Any parent/carer of a child can request that an item is added to the agenda by asking a parent representative to bring it to the attention of the chair of committee, or by emailing the school office (email@example.com).
The minutes will be published on this page on the website.
Terms of reference:
- The opportunity to join the Parent Forum is open to all parents/carers.
- In the case where more than one nomination per Year Group is received for the Parent representative , elections will be held.
- The Parent Forum will meet once or twice per term.
- Any parent/carer of a child can request that an item is added to the agenda by asking a parent representative to bring it to the attention of the chair of committee, or by emailing the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org). It may not be possible to address every topic raised at each meeting and some topics may be carried forward.
- The forum is not in place to address concerns about an individual child, member of staff or governor. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the headteacher, as appropriate.
- The Parent Forum does not arrange social events/fundraising, this is the role of the 'Friends of Wybunbury Delves'.
- Discussions held will be open and honest. However, the school reserves the right to keep some matters confidential.
- Issues raised at the Parent Forum may be brought to relevant groups' attention. This could include teachers, support staff or Governors.
We hope that that the Parent Forum is seen as a valuable tool to feedback on areas of the school that you are particularly happy with, and to input into policy and future learning provision.