- Our School
- Our Learning
- Our Classes
- Our School Day
- Early Years & Reception
- Our Subject Overview
- Core Subjects
- Religious Education
- Foundation subjects
- Curriculum Enrichment
- KiVa Bullying Prevention
- Our House Teams
- Our Clubs
- Sports Premium
- Our People
- Our Parents
- Our Preschool
Our International Links
Kaiyaba — Kenya
Kaiyaba Primary School — Kenya. Kaiyaba is in the Rift valley province, Njoro district about 18km from Nakuru Town, Kenya. Our settings have many similarities. We are both located in a rural setting with a strong agricultural base particularly dairy farming. Each school is surrounded by fields. Our provisions provide a preschool facility on site. We are also very proud that we both worship every day and keep chickens on our extensive school grounds!
Kaiyaba Primary is in the Rift Valley province and has semi permanent classrooms with mud walls and some brick built permanent buildings. Kaiyaba educates children between 7-14. There are eight classes with a total of 438 children. There are eleven teachers, including one Deputy Head Teacher and a Headteacher and one PTA teacher employed by the parents (KSH200 per term). The school also has an ECD provision with two ECD teachers and 45 children.
Facts about Kaiyaba
- 433 children, 14 teachers.
- Uniform navy blue dress/shorts, a yellow shirt and a navy blue sweater.
- School day starts at 7.30am with an assembly where announcements and positive behaviour change programmes takes place.
- Classes begin at 8.20am and ends at 3.10pm.
- Five subjects are taught English, Mathematics, Science, Kiswahili and Social Studies.
- There is a P.E. and life skills programme.
- There is a lesson each week on HIV/ AIDS.
- School ends at 4.10pm after a games session. These might be volley ball, soccer, netball and athletics.
- Lunchtimes are 1hour 20mins. Children are encouraged to bring a packed lunch as the school does not have a lunch programme.
- Pupils clean their classrooms daily.
- Clubs in school include scouts, guides and a health club.
- Water project funded by Nantwich and Weaver Rotary Club.
- Tree planting project, we have planted 1000 trees
- New Classrooms, 3 classrooms have been built
- Our American friends have donated school supplies
- Partnership project with Wybunbury Delves- Food and Farming
In June 2013 Betty (Headteacher) and Veronicah came to visit us. They brought with them greetings from the Kaiyaba staff which can be viewed here.
October 2013 Mrs Cador and Mrs Burns visited Kaiyaba. Find out more about their visit here.